- Rorippa austriaca is a perennial herb that can grow to 3.3 ft. (1 m) tall.
- Leaves are sessile, clasping, bluish green, 1.2-3.9 in. (3-10 cm) long, oblong to oblanceolate, glabrous, and entire to dentate.
- Flowers are yellow in color and grow in clusters at the ends of the stems. Sepals are 0.08-0.1 in. (2-2.5 mm) across, and petals are 0.12-0.2 in. (3-5 mm) across.
- Fruits are ovate, 0.09-0.12 in. (2.4-3 mm) wide, and ascending. Seeds are 0.03-0.04 in. (0.7-0.9 mm) long, rough, and reddish brown in color.
- Ecological Threat
- Rorippa austriaca prefers disturbed areas including roadsides and mudflats. It is native to Europe.
Images from Bugwood.org