radish, garden radish, wild radish, cultivated radish
- Raphanus sativus is an edible root vegetable. It can grow up to 6 in. (15.2 cm) tall.
- The leaves are a dark green with a velvet/fuzzy texture.
- The flowers are a white with purple. They are in season from April to June and from October to January in most parts of North America.
- Raphanus sativus has a variety of different colors which range from white, pink, red, and purple radishes. The root vegetable usually can grow up to 1.6-3.1 in. (4-8 cm) in diameter.
- Ecological Threat
- Raphanus sativus invades fields, roadsides, and waste areas. It is native to the Mediterranean.
- University of California, Jepson Flora Project
- Flora of North America, www.eFloras.org
- California Invasive Plant Council
- USDA NRCS PLANTS
- USDA ARS GRIN
Images from Bugwood.org