Fallopia x bohemica
- Fallopia x bohemica is a perennial that can grow from 6-12 ft. (1.8-3.7 m) tall.
- Stems are usually erect, clustered, and glabrous. Leaves are ovate, base is truncate to cordate, entire margins, and acute tips.
- Flowers are white to pink, 0.16-0.24 in. (4-6 mm), tepals are obovate to elliptic, and apex is obtuse to acute. Flowering occurs between July and October.
- The fruits are dark brown in color, shiny, 0.08-0.12 (2-3 mm) long, smooth, and three sided with flat wings that are 0.06-0.08 in. (1.5-2.1 mm) wide.
- Ecological Threat
- Fallopia x bohemica prefers disturbed areas such as fields, pastures, and along roadsides and railways. It is native to Japan.
Images from Bugwood.org