- Bellardia trixago is an annual herb that can grow from 6-28 in. (15-70 cm) tall.
- Leaves are green, opposite, sessile, linear to lanceolate, and 0.6-4 in. (1.5-9 cm) long with dentate to crenate margins.
- Flowers are 0.3-0.4 in. (0.8-1 cm) long, upper lip is pale purple and lower lip is white. Flowering occurs from March to May.
- Fruits are ovoid capsules, containing many small, oblong, rigid seeds that can be 0.02 to 0.04 in. (0.5-1 mm) long
- Ecological Threat
- Bellardia prefers disturbed areas including grasslands, roadsides, and fields. It is native to the Mediterranean.
Images from Bugwood.org